Quarantine isn’t easy for anyone, and we know this may be a difficult time, so we wanted to share a few online ideas you can do for FREE to help keep your body and brain active during this time. Our brand-new Northbrook Apartments are the perfect place to give you plenty of space and coziness to try a few of these things at home over the new few weeks.
Learn New Career Skills
You can also use this time to revise or update your resume or take some online classes from the comfort of your Northbrook apartments. Read more about taking free Ivy League classes in this Travel & Leisure article.
Try spending your time wisely by taking a free webinar like one of the following mentioned in this Fast Company article:
- Career Contessa (free during COVID-19)
- eLearning Industry (paid and free)
- Hubspot Webinars (free)
- Score.org (free with registration)
- Career Confidential (free with registration)
The same Fast Company article also shares a few examples of certificates you can earn while stuck inside your apartment in Northbrook, like these:
- In marketing, you can certify with Google Analytics, Google Ads, Salesforce, Hubspot, and Facebook.
- In IT, you can get certifications in project management, risk, routing, or design.
- In sales, you can become a Certified Inside Sales Professional (CISP), Certified Sales Leadership Professional (CSLP), and much more.
This Forbes article also lists a few companies who are offering free online classes to help optimize your time in quarantine.
We’ve seen the science about the positive effects coloring can have in stress reduction or creativity, even as an adult, so download and print these adult coloring pages for free here.
Learn Other Skills via YouTube
Don’t forget about all of the free, seemingly endless resources available on YouTube featuring tutorials and videos for nearly every topic under the sun. Now may be a great time to learn how to change a car tire or learn new techniques and skills related to baking, automotive, learning a new language, makeup hacks and tutorials, and more. You can learn how to create Pinterest-worthy braids and so much more in your newfound free time.
10 FREE Online Workouts and Resources To Try In Your Northbrook Apartment:
- Empower (HIIT & Yoga): Free classes on Instagram
- Instagram – there are a ton of great FREE workouts on Instagram, just be searching #athomeworkouts
- Blogilates: Free at home workout YouTube videos
- Modo Yoga NYC (@modoyoganyc): Instagram Live Classes
- Nike Training Club – a FREE app that you can download and pick your workouts. You can select muscle groups, time (i.e. if you have less than 20 minutes to workout) and even select “no equipment” if you don’t have weights (or get creative and use household items like jugs of water, bleach or bottles of wine!)
- Barry's (@barrys): Offering 2 complimentary Instagram Live workouts every day
- POPSUGAR Fitness: Free at home workout YouTube videos
- Fitness Evolved. (@pvolve): Free Instagram Live Classes all week
- Kayla Itsines: FREE workout videos of varying times and focused muscle groups on her YouTube channel.
- If you already belong to a Northbrook gym or online subscription, see what new ways they are offering workouts and challenges during this time.
Check out this list of 100 things you can do during quarantine.
To our valued residents, please know that our entire team at The Elaine is here for you via email or phone. Let us know if there’s anything we can do, and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this trying times.
Call one of our knowledgeable leasing agents at 847.272.3800 to schedule a video tour or to request information about pricing and availability for our Northbrook apartments. Be sure to ask about our current leasing specials and our corporate housing opportunities. You can also start your application online right now.